UreaKnowHow.com Benchmark Study Synthesis Pressure Safety Valves
In this Benchmark Study, we have collected the following information:
Year of start of production
Urea process licensor
Urea plant design capacity [mtpd]
Urea plant actual capacity [mtpd]
- Do you face any problem with the existing HP safety valve(s) in the urea synthesis (e.g. premature popping, corrosion, leakages)?
If yes, could you give a short description of the problem(s) and the actions taken/cause of problem?
- Is there any steam flush on the valve itself or downstream the valve ?
- Please include a picture of the safety valves in order to assess the installation situation
- Did you provide any additional valves/rupture discs under the seat of the HP relief valve(s)?
- What is the testing frequency of the relief valve (in the workshop) ?
- Which medium do you use for testing the set pressure of the relief valve ?
- Special testing procedure used
- How long is the current HP safety valve(s) in operation ?
- Please add a datasheet of the installed HP safety valve(s) showing materials used e.g. inlet nozzle, spring, bonnet, bellow disc and seat
- Any improvements done by yourself on the HP safety valve(s) ?
- What is/are the set pressures of the HP safety valve(s) and the normal operating pressure of the synthesis? You have different set pressures for the parallel safety valves ?
- Is there any corrosion localized at a certain part from certain material?
- Are your valves according API design ?
- Is there any other relevant information regarding this item which was not discussed in the previous items ?
- Are there problems with other safety valves in your urea plant ? Which problems are which safety valves ?
The following companies have participated in this Benchmark Study:
- PVFCC0 Vietnam, Saipem technology
- Anonymous, TEC ACES technology
- Vale Fertilizantes Brasil, Stamicarbon PoolCondenser technology
- Khorasan Iran, Stamicarbon technology
- Nitrogenmuvek Hungary, Stamicarbon technology
An Industry Expert has added comments and possible solutions for the identified problems.