UreaKnowHow.com, located at Cannerweg 123, 6213BA Maastricht, the Netherlands, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
Personal data that we process
UreaKnowHow.com processes your personal data because you use our services and / or because you provide them yourself.
Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
1) Your Account
By browsing “UreaKnowHow.com” will cause the phpBB software to create a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer’s web browser temporary files. The first two cookies just contain a user identifier (“user-id”) and an anonymous session identifier (hereinafter “session-id”), automatically assigned to you by the phpBB software. A third cookie will be created once you have browsed topics within “UreaKnowHow.com” and is used to store which topics have been read, thereby improving your user experience. We may also create cookies external to the phpBB software whilst browsing “UreaKnowHow.com”.
4) Browsing information from Google Analytics.
5) When you contact us for any reason, such as to request help with our services or to provide us with your comments/feedback.
6) Your picture and resume when you agree to promote yourself as an Expert
Special and / or sensitive personal data that we process
For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data
UreaKnowHow.com processes your personal data for the following purposes:
1) to be able to judge if you are a legitimate user;
2) to improve the quality level of the Round Tables as some relevant information of each user is available for the other Members;
3) to prepare an anonymous overview of the location, process technology, engineering discipline and job level of our Members as indicated in "Who are our Members" on https://ureaknowhow.com/ukh2/urea-network.html, which is shared as public information;
4) to prepare reports of certain Round Table discussions, which are published in the Nitrogen & Syngas magazine;
5) to send to Your Email our newsletters;
6) to prepare anonymous Google Analytics reports for certain Sponsors showing the number of clicks on their topics on a certain day during a certain period;
7) to call or e-mail you if necessary to carry out our services;
8) to inform you about changes to our services and products;
9) to give you the opportunity to create an account;
10) to analyze your behavior on the website in order to improve the website and to tailor the range of products and services to your preferences;
11) In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
12) If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of UreaKnowHow.com or others;
13) In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
14) With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
UreaKnowHow.com does not make use of automated decision-making.
How long we store personal data
UreaKnowHow.com does not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
- Your Account: until you inform us that you do wish to remain a Member of UreaKnowHow.com
- Your Posts: until you inform us that you wish to remove Your Posts from UreaKnowHow.com
- Browsing information from phpBB software
- Browsing information from Google Analytics: no automatic retention period in order to be able to study longer term trends
Sharing personal data with third parties
We prepare back-ups of Your Information and solve technical issues with our website with two companies in the Netherlands only.
One of these two companies uses Your E-mail and Your First Name for distributing our newsletter and promoting our services.
We will not share Your Information with any person, organisation or company, which is not Member or Solution Provider on UreaKnowHow.com.
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
UreaKnowHow.com only uses technical and functional cookies. And analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferences. We can also optimize our website with this. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser.
View, modify or delete Your Information
How we protect personal data
version: 1 September 2021