We defined a way to ensure the safe operation of an AN pump by using a bowtie analysis method.
We defined minimum requirements for AN pumps
- Pump technology and features (features: VSD, rotation speed)
- Two independent barriers for high temperature / pressure at the pump outlet
- One barrier for acidity (barrier linked to tank operation)
- One barrier for contamination (barrier linked to tank operation)
- We defined a catalogue of procedure and design related safeguards, to complete this minimum requirements to achieve a sufficient level of safety.