We provide Process Analytical Technology solutions for on-line/in-line/at-line analysis and monitoring of industrial processes based on Machine Vision and Applied Spectroscopy.
Automatic defect inspection turn-key systems (Hardware and Software).
The state of the art solution for on-line analysis of the composition of Urea Ammonium Nitrate.
NIRSpec UAN analyzer can measure not only the concentrations of the main UAN components: Urea, Ammonium Nitrate and Water, but also the concentration of the unwanted by-product Biuret, which is becoming an increasingly important quality parameter of UAN.
Accurate continuous/real-time measurements and the unique capability of measuring the concentration of Biuret enable a better control of the quality of the UAN in the production process.
The analytical technology is based on the Near Infra-Red spectroscopy and the state of the art proprietary multivariate calibration.
Several references are successfully in operation.
- Continuous on-line quantitative analysis of UAN for better process (product quality) control Measurement of 4 UAN components: Urea, Ammonium Nitrate, Water and Biuret
- Eliminates time-loss and cost for sampling and laboratory measurements
- High accuracy, repeatability and stability Low operating and maintenance costs
- State of the art (proprietary) multivariate calibration with compensation for product temperature variation and for turbidity
- Large transillumination area, hence less sensitivity to optical window fouling, better repeatability
Sprana R&D team is working in these new developments:
- Adding the turbidity measurement to the online UAN analysis (which is also important for DEF/AdBlue application as there are strict requirements for concentration of solid particles there); the upgraded NIRSpec UAN analyzer will be capable of measuring the following parameters online:
- Concentration of Urea
- Concentration of Ammonium Nitrate
- Concentration of Biuret
- Concentration of H2O
- Urea/Ammonium Nitrate ratio
- Concentration of Nitrogen in ammonia (NH4) form
- Concentration of Nitrogen in amide (NH2) form
- Concentration of Nitrogen in nitrate (NO3) form
- Total Nitrogen
- Temperature of the sample
- Continuously improving the accuracy of the concentration measurements in the UAN (i.e. our multivariate calibration models, temperature compensation, turbidity compensation)
- On-line analysis of liquid fertilizers with Ammonium Thiosulfate.
- On-line analysis of Urea melt (namely: concentration of Urea, Biuret and H2O).
- On-line analysis of Urea solution (namely: concentration of Urea, Biuret and H2O).
- On-line analysis of DEF/AdBlue (Diesel exhaust fluid in USA).
- Development of full visible spectrum on-line colorimeter (colour analyzer, food industry applications).
Business development manager
T: +370 640 04 521