UreaKnowHow.com B.V., located at Cannerweg 123, 6213BA Maastricht, the Netherlands, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
UreaKnowHow.com B.V., Cannerweg 123, 6213BA Maastricht, the Netherlands, Telephone +31 6 295 76 845. Mark Brouwer is the Data Protection Officer of UreaKnowHow.com. He can be reached via email@example.com
Personal data that we process
UreaKnowHow.com B.V. processes your personal data because you use our services and / or because you provide them yourself.
Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
1) Your Account
– First and last name
– Phone number
– E-mail address
– IP address
– Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone
Your Password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure. However, it is recommended that you do not reuse the same password across a number of different websites. Your Password is the means of accessing Your Account at UreaKnowHow.com, so please guard it carefully and under no circumstance will anyone affiliated with UreaKnowHow.com, or any other party, legitimately ask you for Your Password. Should you forget Your Password for Your Account, you can use the “I forgot my password” feature. This process will ask you to submit Your Username and Your E-mail, then the software will generate a new password to reclaim Your Account.
2) Your Posts
3) Browsing information from WordPress software.
By browsing “UreaKnowHow.com B.V.” will cause the wordpress software to create a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer’s web browser temporary files. The first two cookies just contain a user identifier (“user-id”) and an anonymous session identifier (hereinafter “session-id”), automatically assigned to you by the wordpress software. A third cookie will be created once you have browsed topics within “UreaKnowHow.com” and is used to store which topics have been read, thereby improving your user experience. We may also create cookies external to the wordpress software whilst browsing “UreaKnowHow.com”.
4) Browsing information from Google Analytics.
5) When you contact us for any reason, such as to request help with our services or to provide us with your comments/feedback.
6) Your picture and resume when you agree to promote yourself as an Expert
Special and / or sensitive personal data that we process
Our website and / or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years. Unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we cannot check if a visitor is older than 16. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete this information.
For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data
UreaKnowHow.com B.V. processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to be able to judge if you are a legitimate user;
- to improve the quality level of the Round Tables as some relevant information of each Member is available for the other Members;
- to prepare an anonymous overview of the location, process technology, engineering discipline and job level of our Members as indicated in “Who are our Members” on https://ureaknowhow.com/become-a-member/, which is shared as public information;
- to prepare reports of certain Round Table discussions, which are published in the Nitrogen & Syngas magazine;
- to send to Your Email our newsletters;
- to prepare anonymous Google Analytics reports for certain Solution Providers showing the number of clicks on their topics on a certain day during a certain period;
- to call or e-mail you if necessary to carry out our services;
- to inform you about changes to our services and products;
- to give you the opportunity to create an account;
- to analyze your behavior on the website in order to improve the website and to tailor the range of products and services to your preferences;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of UreaKnowHow.com B.V. or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
UreaKnowHow.com does not make use of automated decision-making.
How long we store personal data
UreaKnowHow.com B.V. does not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
- Your Account: until you inform us that you do not wish to remain a Member of UreaKnowHow.com
- Your Posts: until you inform us that you wish to remove Your Posts from UreaKnowHow.com
- Browsing information from wordpress software
- Browsing information from Google Analytics: no automatic retention period in order to be able to study longer term trends
Sharing personal data with third parties
We prepare back-ups of Your Information and solve technical issues with our website with two companies in the Netherlands and one company in Romania only.
One of these three companies uses Your E-mail and Your First Name for distributing our newsletter and promoting our services.
We will not share Your Information with any person, organisation or company, which is not Member or Solution Provider on UreaKnowHow.com.
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
UreaKnowHow.com only uses technical and functional cookies. And analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferences. We can also optimize our website with this. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser.
View, modify or delete Your Information
You have the right to view, correct or delete Your Information. You can do this yourself through the personal settings of your account (My UreaKnowHow). In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by our company and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send to you or another organization mentioned by you the personal information we have in our computer file. If you wish to make use of your right of objection and / or right to data portability or if you have any other questions / comments about data processing, please send a specified request to email@example.com. In order to ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN) black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. UreaKnowHow.com will respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within four weeks. UreaKnowHow.com would also like to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
How we protect personal data
UreaKnowHow.com takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
M: +31 6 295 76 845
version: 18 June 2022