2016 Borealis Safety Standards for AN pumps – application to existing plants
We defined a way to ensure the safe operation of an AN pump by using a bowtie analysis method.
We defined minimum requirements for AN pumps
– Pump technology and features (features: VSD, rotation speed)
– Two independent barriers for high temperature / pressure at the pump outlet
– One barrier for acidity (barrier linked to tank operation)
– One barrier for contamination (barrier linked to tank operation)
– We defined a catalogue of procedure and design related safeguards, to complete this minimum requirements to achieve a sufficient level of safety.