2002 Inspection Manual Fertilizers Industry
The Egyptian Pollution Abatement Project (EPAP) sponsored by FINIDA has assigned Finnish and Egyptian consultants for the task of developing sector-specific inspection and monitoring guidelines.
A General Inspection Manual, GIM, has been developed covering inspection aspects common to all sectors. The manual:
• Discusses the strategy, objectives and tasks of the inspectorate management.
• Identifies the team leader responsibilities and tasks.
• Presents a methodology for performing all types of inspection. Tasks during the various phases of planning, performing field inspection, report preparation and follow-up are discussed. Several checklists are included.
Sector specific inspection manuals have been developed for the following industries:
• Textile industry
• Pulp and paper industry
• Food industry
– Grain milling industry
– Dairy industry
– Carbonated beverages industry
– Confectionery industry
– Fruits and vegetables industry Metallurgical industry Fabricated metal industry Motor vehicle assembly
The developed manuals were tested through a number of training programs that targeted RBOs and EMUs.
The inspectors involved in the training used these manuals to inspect a number of industrial facilities. Feedback from the concerned parties led to the improvement of these manuals and their continuous update.